Entries are now open for the MEED Projects Awards in association with Mashreq 2020.
The project awards are open to all GCC projects that achieved practical completion, or equivalent, between January 2018 and December 2019.
The awards are designed for project teams who deserve recognition for the high standard of work, adherence to budget and client satisfaction in a healthy and safe working environment. The categories celebrate the best of GCC project delivery, and the entries should reflect that.
The entry should have one main proposer but please also provide details of other relevant companies involved (as a minimum, the entry should contain details of the client, the developer, the engineer, the architect, the principal contractor and any specialist contractors). Larger projects, in particular, will be expected to reflect the size of the team.
Each application should be accompanied by three different photographs of the completed project and may be supported by up to three different photographs of the project under construction.
The judging will consist of a detailed analysis of the project based on the submission and against our below mentioned criteria.
Full details of this year's categories and criteria can be found below or downloaded here.
Nominees should follow these simple guidelines to ensure their submission has the best chance of winning.
- Submissions can be made either on behalf of your own company or in recognition of a colleague, client or partner firm.
- Additional supporting material is necessary to validate your entry.
- Entry must address the award category explicitly, not generic links to web sites, corporate marketing etc.
- Submissions should highlight the key differentiator and competitive nature of the project or implementation.
- It is made explicit the Entrant, Judges and the publication will treat any and all information in strict confidence and any quotes or information to go into the public domain will be pre-cleared by the Entrant.
- Submissions made after the publicised cut-off date will be ignored irrespective of their relative merits.
- The Editor and Judges reserve the right to make no award for any specific category
- The Editor and Judges reserve the right to move a submission to a more appropriate category at their discretion
- In submitting for more than one category the submissions must be unique (see 3)
- The Editor and Judges’ decision is final
Please note: Whilst we recommend you to try to submit against as many of the criteria as possible, we appreciate that for some companies this may not be possible. The more you can respond for each category, the stronger your application will be. Should you require further guidance on your entry please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial property project of the year
- Education project of the year
- Engineering achievement of the year
- Healthcare project of the year
- Industrial project of the year
- Innovation medal sponsored by China State Construction
- Mega project of the year
- Oil & gas project of the year
- Power generation project of the year
- Residential project of the year
- Road project of the year
- Small project of the year
- Social, cultural & heritage project of the year
- Sustainability medal sponsored by China State Construction
- Tourism & leisure project of the year
- Transport project of the year
- Water project of the year
For further information on criteria and guidelines for entering please download our entries brochure.